Postprocessing tool (Electronic Light table?)

Jens Bloch Helmers helm at dnv.com
Mon Mar 6 01:12:09 EST 2000

I'm playing with the idea of building a Python tool for organizing
postprocessing of data. This tool should:

1) Organize a directory structure for doing some parametric study.
2) Traverse this directory structure and create relevant input
   files for the postprocessing program(s).
3) Start the postprocessing program(s)

When this Python script is finished, there is a (postscript) plot file
in each subdirectory. These plots contains time series of some signal.

I would then like to compare these plots. An old fashioned way of
doing this is to make hardcopy of each an every plot. Put them on
a light table and compare the curves.

Is it possible to build a Python/Tkinter/? tool where you can pick
any two plot files and and combine them in a 2 layer plot on screen?
A kind of electronic light table?

Are there any such tools out there?
Any input on this would be appreciated!

Jens Helmers