Python 1.6 alpha 1 released

David Arnold arnold at dstc.edu.au
Fri Mar 31 20:59:43 EST 2000

-->"Bjorn" == Bjorn Pettersen <bjorn at roguewave.com> writes:

  Bjorn> Some of us have jobs that doesn't involve administering
  Bjorn> servers, and fixing things when they break, but rather
  Bjorn> working on getting the next release of the software we can
  Bjorn> charge for out the door.  The more time I spend on fixing
  Bjorn> compatibility issues in Python scripts, the less time I spend
  Bjorn> on "real" work.

you have been using incorrect arguments.  the fact that they worked
was unfortunate because it leads to circumstances like this.  but the
time you have spent on these emails would have been enough to run a
simple script over your code to fix the problem ... ;-)

the more strict the library interfaces are, the better IMHO.