tuple creation in C extensions

Alex cut_me_out at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 12:30:27 EDT 2000

> And who could have seen all that so clearly without an expert on hand.
> Even then I couldn't understand all the reasoning.  In Python we are
> all happy, but the ugly side is when we return to C.

I agree with you about needing a list of reference count effects, but I
think the tutorial is otherwise about as clear as it could be on the
subject.  It's just a boring, unavoidably complex topic, and my eyes
would have just glazed over if someone had tried to carefully explain
the issues Bernhard raised before I had written that code.

I was thinking it ought to be possible to write a script that would pull
the signatures of the API functions from the docs, and write some C code
to determine their refence count effects.  You might be able to get a
long way to the sort of table we need that way.

Alex.