tuple creation in C extensions

Louis M. Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Jun 14 07:16:50 EDT 2000

In article <etdk8ftm55x.fsf at w20-575-109.mit.edu>, Alex
<cut_me_out at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, thanks for looking that code over, Bernhard.  What a horrible bunch
> of holes.

And who could have seen all that so clearly without an expert on hand.
Even then I couldn't understand all the reasoning.  In Python we are
all happy, but the ugly side is when we return to C.  It's obvious to
me:

CAN'T SOMEONE UPDATE THE EXTENSIONS PDF MANUAL, ADDING A BETTER
TUTORIAL ON REFERENCE COUNTS AND (!!) LISTING Py_XXXX FUNCTIONS AND
THEIR REFERENCE EFFECTS ??

Sorry to yell, but it's obvious that many people like me are stumbling
with this one.  I'd hate to have all that time I save using Python
eaten up by debugging C extensions.