Local Databases with Python

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Tue Jun 6 07:36:49 EDT 2000

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Stephen Hansen wrote:

>     As for accessing MSAccess with ADO and DAO -- is that a COM derivation?
> To distribute an application that uses this technology, what all do I need
> to include in it to go about doing this? I'm not sure if its safe to assume
> that all machins have the nessecary files, drivers, and so on installed --
> and, if not, is it easily obtainable on the internet? For free? And what
> about redistribution of said nessecary files? (Beyond win32all and the
> python part)

If you don't care about whether or not it has SQL, you might want to
look at MetaKit:  http://www.equi4.com/metakit/  .. It works with C++
directly, and/or through python bindings.. I haven't had a chance to
use it yet, but from what I've seen, it looks quite powerful.

Cheers,

- Michal
Zike Interactive    http://www.zike.net/    http://zike.sourceforge.net/