Where are the math functions?

Huaiyu Zhu hzhu at mars.localdomain
Sun Jun 11 20:56:28 EDT 2000

I'm quite puzzled by not being able to find most of the common special
functions, such as (incomplete) gamma, beta and bessel and erf.

This arrises from effort to provide statistical functions for the MatPy
package.  Many stat functions require incomplete gamma/beta and some
variants.

Yes there is random.gamma but that's generating random numbers not the gamma
function.

In this day and age there must be some open source C++ implementations
somewhere that can be plugged into Python.  Any leads or volunteers?

I've even checked the Octave source but it turns out to use severl fortran
programs in a style that's quite beyond my willingless to examine.

--
Huaiyu