Stackless Python for the Mac?

Jack Jansen jack at oratrix.nl
Fri Jun 9 17:38:09 EDT 2000

Recently, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> said:

> Has anyone contemplated (or started...or finished) a port of stackless
> to the Mac?  Other than syncronizing the sources, there shouldn't be
> any complications, right?

There may be more complications, as the MacPython mainloop is a bit
funny because of the frequent calls to WaitMextEvent to give cpu-time
to other programs (MacOS is still in the basis non-preemptively
scheduled).

I've cc'd Just on this message, because he did a port of microthreads
to macpython, and I seem to vaguely remember that this was related to
stackless python. But I could be all wrong, i didn't really have the
time to follow what happened. Just?
Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++