[Fwd: PyOpinion: Does Python Programming Marginalize You?]

Pablo Prieto pablo.prieto at dulcesol.es
Wed Jun 7 06:01:11 EDT 2000

Pablo Prieto escribió:

 Hi, evrybody there!.

 Being a programmer for a company which sells food, we make all our
 programs without relation to the internet. We have an Apache web server
 and several cgi-bin for showing info to our customers. But rather
light.
 I've been in C,C++,Pascal and Ada (this is not a curriculum, eh? ;))
and
 now in VB. We want to migrate to Linux workstations (servers are all
 linux now, except the database server, we are testing postgreSQL for
the
 migration).

 I'm evaluating Python now. Maybe in a month I kick off this list and
the
 Python installation, but, till now, I'm amazing of the languaje. Really
 good and nice to learns, being it's "advanced" power more or less
 "hidden" for learning when you are confortable with the basis.

 I'm being in love with this languaje (hope not to runaway, and stay
 forever). The web is important, but there's still a lot of traditional
 client-side work to do (I don't know about server side, I only buy it,
 and that's enough :)).

 And surely, could appear python-related semi-meta-x-languajes for
 scripting. That's what happened with java and  VB (javascript and
 vbscript), isn't it?

 BTW, Ada times were very exciting with all that people in uniforms in
 the meetings, and the great amounts of money in the horizont. At the
 end, the dream was over. But it was funny.

 Pablo, from Spain.