Newbie Question...

jay graves jgraves3 at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 7 10:06:23 EDT 2000

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 05:52:30 -0400, "Robin Porter" <mogul at primus.ca>
wrote:

>I wrote before asking for an example of C code changed to Python code (i.e.
>Payroll example).  Could someone please explain how I go about saving and
>then running the code once I have inputed it in.  I tried entering it into
>the Python GUI and everything looked good until I tried to save it, recall
>it, then run it.
I'm assuming you are running Windows?

My guess is that you typed it in the interpreter window in PythonWin.

Instead you should have done File-New and typed your code in the
resulting script window.  Then a File-Save the script with a '.py'
extension  (i.e. 'payroll.py') and then do a File-Run.

>Could someone please recommend a GOOD book on PYTHON for the beginner.
Well, it depends.  I really liked 'Learning Python' but I have several
other languages under my belt.  'Learning Python' is not for a
complete novice.  You need know about editors, files, command lines,
etc. as well knowing terms like array, variable, operator, function,
class, method, etc.  But since you posted a 'C' program to be
converted, I assume you know enough to get this far.

HTH.

Jay