JPython and Java integration

Maurice le Rutte _delete_this_mlerutte at square.nl
Mon Jun 26 08:07:20 EDT 2000

I'm thinking of using JPython as our 'scripting'/plug-in language for our
product written in Java. With the risk of being flamed beyond recognition:
like MS's 'VBA', but then better.

My first tests of the JPython interpreter are ok. I got the thing running
and calling it from within a Java program was easy. Finding a way to pass
and retrieve Java objects was slightly more difficult, mostly because there
is almost no documentation, but once I found out through reflection it was
very easy.

Are there people on this list that are using JPython and have some
experience or otherwise useful advise when using JPython as a runtime
language within the Java platform?

I'd greatly appreciate any snakepits and areas to avoid. Success stories are
also very welcome!

Maurice le Rutte.