compilation

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Jun 27 11:36:31 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8lf95c.fu7.thomas at centurion.xs4all.nl>, Thomas Wouters wrote:

>No. (other than 'python -c "import <myscript>"')

	I was thinking of that too. ;-)

>(Then again, contrary to my C and Perl code, both a fair bit, my Python code
>almost never has syntax/programming errors, and most of my programs are
>simple enough to do the unit testing 'by hand' ;)

	Fair enough. While I've had to pour over the extensive API to find what I
need, once I found it, it was easy enough to use. So far my only problems have
been trying to do too much in one line of code, which I do instinctively from
my C/Perl coding. ;-)

	I actually hate finding errors at runtime. It's my biggest complaint about
Perl, in that I can make a function call that doesn't exist, and I won't find
out about it until I hit that piece of code. I suppose python has the same
flaw? Dynamic binding is fine, but a check for typos like that would be good.

	Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier, 1Z22, SKY  Tel: 613-765-4699 (ESN: 39-54699)
Optical Networks, Nortel Networks