CPAN for python?

Shae Erisson shapr at uab.edu
Thu Jun 8 08:01:01 EDT 2000

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> So, what would people want on top of distutils?  A Debian-style "do
> apt-get, upgrade" to update currently installed packages?  A
> CPAN-style "fetch and install this module for me, please"?  Simple
> version checking?
>
> --amk

personally I'd want Debian style that allows upgrading of packages, and
de/installation of new packages.

Debian also has the wonderful ability to upgrade to a new version of
Debian using apt-get -f dist-upgrade, which means once you have Debian
installed, you don't have to do much of anything manually.

Time for me to join the distutils-sig.
--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae at wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius fOr hIre
   bRing mE fIve sQuirrels aNd nO oNe wIll gEt hUrt