working on files as a different user and group

Lee Joramo lee.list at joramo.com
Mon Jun 26 13:58:01 EDT 2000

I am creating a python CGI script that will assist in the management of
files on a Linux/Apache webserver. Some of the functions that the script
needs to preform include changing the user,  group and permissions for a
given file or directory.

Is there anyway to do this without compromising security? (If this can't
be done via the web, then I may have to provide additional users with
access to the command line which I dread doing.)

Thanks.

Lee A. Joramo                      ljoramo at nickads.com
The Nickel Want Ads                www.nickads.com
Internet Manager                   970-242-5555