?Extreme Programming in Python?

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Fri Jun 16 00:07:03 EDT 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Jerome Chan wrote:

> Has anyone done any extreme programming in python? Care to share your
> experiences?
>
> <http://www.extremeprogramming.org/index.html>

I've been using a lot of XP ideas with the Zike Interactive software
(weblib, zdc, ransacker, etc) I use pyunit (pyunit.sourceforge.net)
for testing everyting. I found I really like working that way. I can
make wild changes without having to worry about what might have
broken, because I can just run the tests and SEE what broke.

I also use the incremental development model. In fact, I've written
some rough web-based project management software in python to help
with the planning game. (http://www.sabren.com/workshop/zikeplan/)

I pretty much write all of our code, so I've had little experience
with pair programming.. But I would LOVE to see an editor wired up
over the net so that two people could work on code at the same
time. (If I knew anything about GUI, I'd probably try hacking IDLE
myself)

Cheers,

- Michal
Zike Interactive    http://www.zike.net/    http://zike.sourceforge.net/