more python evangelising...

Eric Lee Green eric at estinc.com
Tue Jun 27 19:22:33 EDT 2000

Tom wrote:
> "Grant Edwards" <ge at nowhere.none> wrote in message
> news:Uj865.1905$iN5.408850 at ptah.visi.com...
> > Since MS is a publicly held company, the people who run it
> > have a fiduciary responsibility to the stockholders.  They are
> > obligated to make them as much money as they can (legally, that
> > is).  If they didn't, they could be held liable in court.
>
> This is an important point.  This is the heart of capitalism.

Gosh, I thought the heart of capitalism was making a better product at a
better price. Maybe I ought to re-think that.

Let's see:

Make a shoddy product and market the hell out of it while charging double the
price. That's the heart of capitalism, yeah.

Hey, it works for Microsoft.

Eric Lee Green                         eric at estinc.com
Software Engineer                      Visit our Web page:
Enhanced Software Technologies, Inc.   http://www.estinc.com/
(602) 470-1115 voice                   (602) 470-1116 fax