PyType_Type?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 29 09:00:23 EDT 2000

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:53:58 GMT, William Dandreta
<wjdandreta at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>>The type of a type object is not defined in a module, but in an Object
>file.
>>'Objects/typeobject.c' to be exact.
>>
>>Do you get any other error messages ? What version of Python ?

>Sorry for the module confusion, my C compiler (BC4.5) refers to .c files as
>modules .

>I am trying to compile Python 1.5.2 for DOS without a DOS extender. To do
>that I need to use overlays. I started out by including all the .c files in
>the source and made several changes and deletions. Currently I am left with
>the following modules, which all compile without errors and four linking
>errors:

Hm. I don't have the vaguest idea what 'overlays' are, nor how to compile
for DOS, with or without DOS extenders ;-) But I can tell you where to find
the symbols.

>Linking pyth152.exe:
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _initstruct in module SOURCE\PC\CONFIG.C

This is the 'initstruct' function from the struct module. You don't seem to
compile the struct module (it isn't in the list of compiled C files you
included) so you might want to comment this out. Wether this'll result in a
working Python is something else, I don't know what uses the struct module.

>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _initsignal in module SOURCE\PC\CONFIG.C

The signal module. Same story as above, I guess, though I assume signals
are entirely different under native DOS. Signals might live in an entirely
different file, or they might be nonexistant. I do not know wether you need
this module or not.

>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _initnt in module SOURCE\PC\CONFIG.C

The 'nt' module. I seriously doubt you need this.

>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _crypt in module SOURCE\MODULES\CRYPTM~1.C

The 'crypt' module. You don't need this, it's there for systems that have a
crypt() system call. There's a native Python 'crypt.py' somewhere out there,
so you can just comment this module out.

>Any suggestions you might make would be appreciated.

Hope it helps ;)

Thomas.