postgreSQL successes

Nigel Head nhead at houbits.com
Fri Jun 30 02:01:26 EDT 2000

eric at estinc.com (Eric Lee Green) wrote in <395B6D35.DA83A7ED at estinc.com>:

>Last time I looked at ZOPE, it was not clear how to integrate new Python
>methods with it. A shame, it looks like a great product. Maybe I'll get
>a chance later on to really get into it and figure all that stuff out,
>it looks like it would solve some of the performance problems I've
>encountered using PostGreSQL and Python with Apache.

While I agree with your feelings about the Zope documentation there are two
(maybe more) drop in Postgres intreface "products" -- I can't speak for
their robustness under high loads as my applications are trivial ... maybe
worth a try for you all the same. You'll find the Zope mailing lists full
extremely helpful people and the learning curve isn't quite as steep as it
used to be ...