Print formatting - same line printing?

Peter Schneider-Kamp petersc at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Jun 4 07:40:00 EDT 2000

Bablos wrote:

> This is buffered on the Amiga, I assume.  I see very infrequent
> updates, so I assume it saves up a large number of print statements
> and then flushes them when it reaches a certain size.  Irmen?

import sys

and then just put a

sys.stdout.flush()

after the print statement. Your \v does NOT work on my linux.
> But hey, at least '\v' works for me.  If it's all so very platform
> dependant, surely it would be wise to standardise it somehow to
> maintain some form of standard method?

Good question, I've been thinking about it. But then you
would have to have a very platform dependent module which
uses different methods according to the needs of the platform.
Not very nice to maintain.

not-too-bad-an-idea-though-ly y'rs Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter at schneider-kamp.de
N-7050 Trondheim              http://schneider-kamp.de