Print formatting - same line printing?

Bablos angband at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 07:29:50 EDT 2000

On Sun, 04 Jun 2000 13:16:42 +0200, Peter Schneider-Kamp wrote;
> Bablos wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way that I can get Python to print this all on the same
> > line, so that it looks as if the line is being updated constantly, as
> > opposed to having a ridiculously long list of 'uploaded...' lines?
>
> For unix you could just write:
>
> print "\ruploaded",x,"bytes",

This is buffered on the Amiga, I assume.  I see very infrequent
updates, so I assume it saves up a large number of print statements
and then flushes them when it reaches a certain size.  Irmen?

But hey, at least '\v' works for me.  If it's all so very platform
dependant, surely it would be wise to standardise it somehow to
maintain some form of standard method?

Bablos.