Python Productivity over C++

James Logajan JamesL at Lugoj.Com
Fri Jun 9 23:07:55 EDT 2000

Steve Mullarkey wrote:
> 1. What productivity increase do you achieve ?

I find it easier and quicker to lay out high level design and in
experimenting with finding the best class/data schema. And I can then run
it. The syntactical constructs of C++ tend to distract from the design
thought processes. All in my humble opinion of course (and I think that is
what you were asking for).

I wouldn't say I am many times faster at this with Python than C++, just
that the Python syntax seems to be more pleasurable to work with and that I
*feel* I make good progress with it. It is subjective I'm afraid.

P.S. Used C for about 20 years, C++ for about 4.