Python Productivity over C++

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Fri Jun 9 23:33:08 EDT 2000

> I find it easier and quicker to lay out high level design and in
> experimenting with finding the best class/data schema. And I can then run
> it. The syntactical constructs of C++ tend to distract from the design
> thought processes.

I strongly agree. In python, I get to think entirely about the problem,
without worrying about the language/programming environment one bit,
really. Furthermore, and this is a MAJOR win, python programs are *small*,
which makes them easier to maintain, easier to read, and faster to code
in general. Python is also very syntactically lightweight, which has to
me my favorite thing about it.

Right now, I strictly use it as a rapid prototyping environment. It's
great for testing out concepts.

C/