Python Productivity over C++

Mike Steed MSteed at altiris.com
Fri Jun 9 12:52:24 EDT 2000

This is a surprising thing to say.  STL requires that the types used to
instantiate its various templates be well-behaved in certain ways, e.g., for
copying, assigning, and comparing (depending on the "concept" to which the
template conforms).  This means you have to implement your own copy
constructor, assignment operator, and/or comparison operators for each
(non-trivial) class.  It may not be difficult, but it is overhead that
Python does not impose.

--
M.