Problem Installing/Using Windows Extensions

David Steffen steffen at biomedcomp.com
Sun Jun 18 10:59:42 EDT 2000

Because of help from this group, my problem is solved and I am
accessing Access from Python on my Windows95 Laptop.

THANKS!!

<642A954DD517D411B20C00508BCF23B001296EA2 at mail.sauder.com> from
richard_chamberlain <richard_chamberlain at ntlworld.com> :

> I had the same problem with a PC at work running W95, but not on any of the
> others. I finally narrowed it down to be the only one without Internet
> Explorer 5 installed. And from that I presume that DCOM needs to be
> installed.

I installed IE 5.01, and all was well.  You solved my problem.

THANKS!

from Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> :

> Sheesh - On the "downloads" page (which is where you _must_ have got 132
> from), just under the explanation about 1.5 and 1.6 living together, it
> says:
>

> Should you have any problems installing these packages, please refer to
> the <a ..>Installation Problems Guide</a>.
>
> Ive now made it BOLD, and also copied the line to the info about each
> specific build.
>
> Please check it out, and let me know how I can possibly make it any
> clearer.  Your exact problem is listed there...

You are right and I am stupid :-)

Had I noticed this (which I definitely should have), I could have
solved my problem with a much smaller footprint than resulted from a
full Internet Explorer installation.  What you had on your page before
should have been adequate and the way you changed it makes it even
better.  Honest, I tried, please just chock it up to my aging brain.

Oh.  And thanks so much for the extensions - they are wonderful!

-David-