Python COM for Linux?

scoota at my-deja.com scoota at my-deja.com
Tue Jun 27 08:43:15 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm writing an automation interface for a large system embedding Python
as the script language.  To keep the scripts as easy to write as
possible (for the end-user) I'm providing a set of extension objects
written in C++.  What I would ideally like is for these objects to fire
events which are then handled in the Python script.  So far I can see
no platform independent way of doing this except using explicit
callbacks (which is messier than I would like).

Has anyone any experience in this area?

Scoota

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.