Advice on a Learning strategy

bo Vandenberg famvandenberg at home.com
Thu Jun 15 13:00:49 EDT 2000

I'm trying to put together a basic toolkit for general consultant
programming in a win32 environment. (I know this is vague but I have to
be flexible at this point.

My thoughts are to work in Python and Delphi.

Python is going to be for all the client side customization and Delphi
will be my engine to do what doesn't need to be interpreted. I'm
considerring C++ but I don't know if I want the learning curve.

VB vs Delphi    Delphi programs seem more self contained than VB. I also
like the possibility of going to Kylix in the future. If I write it in
Delphi I think the client is less likely to accidentally break it (no
promises for Microsoft though).

I would like to use Tkinter but I think speed concerns will have me move
to wxwindows and pythonwin.

Has anyone gone this route, or a compatible route, before who would be
willing to share some advice???

These are my first programming languages.