Python and Video for Windows?

Peter Schneider-Kamp petersc at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Jun 14 17:54:50 EDT 2000

Mark Hammond wrote:

> Pythonwin has a demo that uses the MS ActiveMovie (or whatever it is
> called) control.  This can play arbitary media clips from within
> Pythonwin.  By default, it tries to play the first .avi file it finds
> in your Windows directory.
>
> Im not sure if that is what you were asking, tho!

Unfortunately it is not. My concern is capturing the image data
into Python. I don't care about saving or loading to a file,
I don't care about which OS I have to use (as long as I get
the USB interface to work) etc.

Basically I just want to have a VFW frame grabber wrapper for
Python. The problem is that I don't know anything about VFW
or Windows system programming.

Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter at schneider-kamp.de
N-7050 Trondheim              http://schneider-kamp.de