SAP R/3 and Python?

Marcin Benke ben at marcin.org
Sat Jun 24 06:32:45 EDT 2000

Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at news.hex.net> pisze:
>>Could it be that SAP (or a partner) already has such a Python
>>interface available ? I wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel
>>here and I assume this to be a highly non-trivial and time
>>consuming task.
>
>I'd suggest taking a look at:
><http://www.mcs.net/~garth/SAP/>
>
>There are RFC interfaces both for TCL and for Python; it ought not to
>be _overly_ nasty to adapt those to Python.

There are interfaces for Perl and Tcl there. Alas, no Python one.
OTOH, the other day I tried to construct a Python RFC interface using SWIG
(on Linux). It run, but was hardly usable as the parameter passing
conventions in Python and SDK are highly incompatible, so some bits
of additional C/C++ code are needed. But I guess that a week of work
should do to get something usable (provided one knows the RFC SDK)

Cheers,
	Marcin Benke