numpy installation woes

long_way_home at my-deja.com long_way_home at my-deja.com
Wed Jun 7 19:42:19 EDT 2000

Hi.

I am new to pyhton and have tried to install numpy, but the darn thing
doesn't recognise it's existence.  I have also installed MatPy and that
works fine.  When I try to import it I get the message
>>> from Numeric import *
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named Numeric

although the directory is there.  I am using an SGI O2 and have compiled
with the SGI compilers, will python complain about the .so suffix.  I'm
buggered if I know how to fix this and would really appreciate some
help, for the NumPy manual has no more useful info.

Cheers
Geoff
--
Geoff Low
"I am the king of all I see, my kingdom for a

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.