Python vs. Matlab

Daehyok Shin sdhyok at email.unc.edu
Sat Jun 17 16:53:38 EDT 2000

One problem of Matlab I found is that there is no explicit control
in reference copying.
As soon as you change an element of a huge array in a function,
Matlab copies all the elements into a new array.
This has a significant effect on performance
in s/w of large scale.
In Numpy, you have the perfect control in copying array
, as well as its source.

Peter

news:724s6sa0k5.fsf at rogn.ii.uib.no...