A modest proposal

Paul M paul.magwene at yale.edu
Wed Jan 19 16:54:17 EST 2000

Dear Pythoneers,

Inspired by recent postings to this newsgroup I've decided that
Python, and in particular the entire Python user base, has been going
about things all wrong.  I've decided I would like to be able to code
in python something like this:

def fun(a,b,c)
{
    if a eq b:
  if b ne c
                 print "Oooh, random changes are fun"
                   a = b = c
                 end
end
}

Important points to note:

1) I can use whatever god-awful indentation scheme I want
2) Colons after "def" and "if" are purely discretionary
3) The compiler can decide what I mean when I use "="
4) Readability is greatly improved

I can't believe that nobody has changed this before - can't you see
that MILLIONS of users are crying out for these features!

<python-schmython>-ly y'rs - Paul