If you can only buy *one* Python book...

Richard Brodie R.Brodie at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 08:33:56 EST 2000

"Gerrit Holl" <gerrit.holl at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:20000117204759.B1291 at stopcontact.palga.uucp...

> > The 'Python Essential Reference' is a good addition to the online
> > documentation as well.
>
> Disagreed. I think the online reference is far the best and most
> complete there is.

That really depends on how much you like online documentation,
and/or online development. I often find the presence of a computer
a distraction when coding, and consumes to much real estate on
the desk. It's pretty much personal taste - if your first reaction on
seeing HTML docs  is to look for the PDF/PS version to print then
PER should be your second stop after 'Learning Python'.