Which Python book?

Brian Langenberger brian at brian.cbs.umn.edu
Mon Jan 24 11:12:47 EST 2000

Jethro Cramp <jsc at zoo.co.uk> wrote:
: I have both books: 'Programming Python' and 'Learning Python'. I value the
: 'Learning Python' book way and above 'Programming Python'.

I never bothered with 'Programming Python', but I tried
'Learning Python' and had great success with it.  Suddenly all was
clear.  All I needed after that was the 'Pocket Reference' and the
lib.pdf (or just browsing the source scripts) and I had everything
I needed for day-to-day Python usage.

For new users, I recommend 'Learning Python' quite highly, myself.