Python Rocks!

Tom Culliton culliton at clark.net
Tue Jan 18 16:47:11 EST 2000

In article <862jqd$l9s at news.or.intel.com>, tye4 <tye4 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Tom Culliton <culliton at clark.net> wrote in message
>news:YZRg4.1292$Ve7.28796 at iad-read.news.verio.net...
>> In article <860ftk$bas at news.or.intel.com>, tye4 <tye4 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Have you got extensive experience at designing and implementing
>> computer lanaguages like Guido?  Did you spend years working on a
>> major language design/development project (ABC) including lots of
>> usability studies like Guido?  Have you had the benefit of Tim Peters,
>> a veritable font of language implementation experience and good taste,
>> whispering (or occasionally shouting) in your ear?  I rather doubt it.
>>
>Are you insinuating that this is not a problem since I'm not as
>experienced as Guido?

First if had I intended insinuation it would have been more subitle
than that.  Second your experience relates to how much weight we're
going to assign to your _opinion_.  Indentation isn't a problem for me
or for most of other people around here, whose opinions and experience
I and the other folks here hold in much higher regard.

>I don't need to design a language to detect flaws in it.

Your opinion or prejudice doesn't make it a flaw.  Having designed a
widely used language would add weight to your opinion.  BTW - If you
want to wave Nick Wirth at us, I think he tends toward baby talk in
his designs.