python mode generating lots of files when C-c C-c...

shevitz at my-deja.com shevitz at my-deja.com
Wed Jan 19 13:52:47 EST 2000

I'm a newbie to XEmacs, python mode, and wxPython. I'm running on NT.
I am trying to learn wxPython so I have a very simple script which puts
up a frame window. I run it a lot to see what single new lines of code
do.

If I execute the script from the buffer directly (via C-c C-c) it seems
to work fine. And when I close the window (via it's close window box),
everything still seems to work fine. The problem is that it would
appear every time I do this, a temp file is created in the same
directory as the script, and it appears to have the same contents as
the script. The files have names like "python-lDA65O". And as I just
discovered the problem I have about 50 of them in the directory.

I don't know what's going on here, but I would sure appreciate if
someone can tell me how to stop it. Am I leaving processing dangling?
Is there a flag I can set in XEmacs, or some line of code I can put in
the script to prevent this.

thanks,
Danny

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/