Python Rocks!

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Mon Jan 24 18:05:31 EST 2000

Hi All--

"Samuel A. Falvo II" wrote:

> In article <388BB4E1.974E63B7 at prescod.net>, Paul Prescod wrote:
> >Wouldn't it be easier if we just added an optional, (but
> >compiler-recognized if present) block delimiter to Python 2? Then people
>
> Sometimes you just have to stick up for what you believe in.  I say, "No,
> let's not do this."

I don't think we get a vote.  After all, we have Guido the Benevolent
Dictator, don't we?  And we all know how he's going to vote (if you can
call it vote--it's more like fiat).

But for what it's worth, I agree.  I like Python because it's *clean*
and powerful.  This suggested change probably wouldn't affect the power,
but it would certainly increase the level of possible clutter.  Somebody
would find a way to enforce it, too, even if only for their own code.
That doesn't strike me as The Python Way.

<so-if-you-want-clutter-visit-your-aunt>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;-)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours