Python Rocks!

Raymond Cote rgacote at AppropriateSolutions.com
Wed Jan 26 07:58:38 EST 2000

>Wouldn't it be easier if we just added an optional, (but
>compiler-recognized if present) block delimiter to Python 2?

Reminds me of when I first moved from Pascal to C (oh so many years ago).
My first programs had constructs such as:
   #define begin {
   #define end }

so I could make my C code look 'sensible' like a language should. :}
Obviously, that didn't last long. I learned to use the language the way it was meant to be used and in such a way that other programmers could quickly understand what it was I was doing.

All languages have their weird eccentricities. Indenting happens to be one of Python's. I'll admit I was leery of it when I started, but after just a few weeks, I find my C++ and Pascal code looking wordy and redundant.

Ray