Using tabs effectively. Was: Why not use tabs?

Justin Sheehy dworkin at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Jan 21 10:26:58 EST 2000

"Gordon McMillan" <gmcm at hypernet.com> writes:

> Um, there's no tabsetting that will produce that result, but with
> the wonders of email, maybe that's not what you wrote.

I believe that James was thinking in terms of typewriter-style "tab
settings", where a tab is not a fixed width, but rather moves to the
next column that is defined as a tab stop.  Such things are common in
word processors, but absent in most text editors.

However, I have no idea how such things are relevant to Python.  :-)

-Justin