Python compiler?

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Sun Jan 23 02:51:37 EST 2000

In article <86duuq$8a1 at OM9.omantel.net.om>, J Dubal <khimj at gto.net.om> wrote:
>Hello good people!
>
>I am new to python and I understand that although it is a free-to-use
>language, it can be used to build commercial, propritary applications.
>Is this correct?
Absolutely.
>Does it have a compiler for Linux and/or windows that can produce native
>executables?
Yessss--that is, yes, although explaining it
is a bit more involved than just saying, "Here's
the compiler."  Start with <URL:http://
www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=570043368>.
>If not, do we have to distribute python application sources?
>Are there modules or libs available to bulid data entry/query applications
>for character terminals?
Kind of.  Not particularly.  <URL:http://
www.deja.com/=dnc/viewthread.xp?AN=558223468>
hints at several approaches to the character-
terminal.  Nothing is wrapped up in a neat
package, though.
			.
			.
			.