More Tkinter questions

Doug Hellmann doughellmann at home.com
Tue Jan 11 06:45:19 EST 2000

Timothy Grant wrote:

> However, once I start adding various widgets to the various frames
> things go south really fast. It appears that I don't get a new grid when
> I start adding objects to a frame, but I work on some sort of master
> grid. When this happens all of the rows and columns shown above start
> losing there relationships.
>
> Can someone give me a good solution to this?
>
> BTW: it doesn't help that none of the frames hold a specified size when
> widgets start getting added to them.

That's by design.  The Frames will collapse to just contain their
contents, depending on how you set the sticky values of the contents.
Gridding within each Frame will use a new grid, not a global one, but
adding a child to the Frame causes the Frame to resize.

What sorts of children are you adding to the frames?  Post some code,
maybe we can help with the layout if we have more specifics.

Doug