trying again: CgiHttpServer workalike for Win/NT and Win/98?

Chuck Esterbrook echuck at usit.net
Wed Jan 5 20:04:41 EST 2000

A few weeks ago, I was in the exact situation that Alex was is in.

I found Medusa difficult to get along with for lack of documentation. And
CGIHTTPServer difficult because I'm using Windows 95.

I ended up downloading Apache (http://www.apache.org) and I'm quite happy with it.
It supports having "#!python" in your CGI scripts and everything works fine.

Regardless of what you use to serve your HTTP, I recommend you check out this
article. I found it quite useful and have cooked up my own version of the wrapper
script with better error reporting:

 http://www.webtechniques.com/archives/1998/02/kuchling/

My wrapper script also assumes a ".py" extension for the target script which makes
my URLs a bit cleaner.

-Chuck