Choosing a language

Patrick Cooper future at dotstar.net
Sun Jan 30 12:20:22 EST 2000

I want to start learning computer programming and from what I have found so
far I have chosen to start with Python.  I am going to be focusing on CGI
first but eventually want to work with desktop applicates.  Python seems to
be the most versitle and easiest to learn.  Before I go in any more depth
does anyone think I should start with a different language?  I want to
eventually learn C, but think Python is the best place to start.

Also, since I want to focus on CGI, what would be the best resources to
check out?  Anything besides what's listed in  the CGI Tools section of the
Python web site?