Python Rules!

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Jan 22 04:20:08 EST 2000

tye4 <tye4 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, I think I'll let you guys wallow in your ignorance.

okay, here we are in the beginning of a new millenium (or at the
end of one, depending on your views).  and what do we see?

+ loads of media attention

+ leading software gurus advocating Python

+ more people than ever on the main Python conference,
  and Python tracks on other major software conferences.

+ Python interpreters shipping with major operating systems

+ publishers competing to offer full coverage of all popular
  aspects of Python (the core language, tkinter, jpython,
  python on windows, and more)

+ Python books topping bestseller charts <wink>

+ Python-based companies getting venture funding (Digital
  Creations last year, and we just got our first major invest-
  ment yesterday!)

+ major software companies actively using, pushing, or at
  least acknowledging Python in lots of different contexts.

+ a steady growth in downloads, server hits, and other python-
  related net traffic of 10% per month (or more).

etc. etc.

if our "ignorance" has taken us this far, I think we can keep on
going without the "help" of a single totally clueless anonymous
coward.

</F>

    "When a true genius appears in the world, you
    may know him by this sign, that the dunces are
    all in confederacy against him" -- Jonathan Swift