Need XML-RPC help

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald at ncl.ac.uk
Sun Jan 23 12:39:47 EST 2000

Hi all,
I want to start using XML-RPC as a way to integrate what I'm doing in Zope
with others in the department who use Perl. Problem is, I can't get XML-RPC
to work through our proxy.

My problem seems to be that xmlrpclib code is using urllib and httplib
libraries, but whilst urllib handles proxies beautifully, httplib doesn't
unless 'set up' from urllib calls, and the code in xmlrpclib uses httplib
directly. Specifically in the 'request' method of the 'Transport' class.

I do have the environment variable 'http_proxy' set up correctly as lynx,
wget and the urrlib test suite work fine.

I'd appreciate any pointers on this, as I'm starting to think that the only
thing I can do is to incorporate the proxy code from urllib into httplib -
something I'm loathe to do!

many thanks for any pointers
Tone