syslog module and thread safety question

Federico Grau grauf at rfa.org
Fri Jan 28 13:04:29 EST 2000

Hi folks,

I am building a daemon with python and will be incorporating threads
into it.  I have a parent object initializing itself (amongst other
things opening a connection to syslog) and looking for files in a
directory.  When it finds a file it will be spawning a child thread and
running a function to convert the file to another type.  My
question/concern is if I can simply pass the syslog object I initialized
in the parent to the child thread for it (and its "brothers") to use
also?

thanks,
Federico Grau ( donfede )