Whitespace delimiters suck

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.billerica.ma.us
Wed Jan 26 16:33:52 EST 2000

Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> Roy Smith <roy at popmail.med.nyu.edu> wrote:
>> When I was first learning programming (a quarter of a century ago!),
>> there was the idea of the "telephone test", i.e. your code should be
>> simple enough that if you read it to somebody on the phone they would
>> understand it.

> hey, who the heck is reading code over the phone
> these days?

anyone trying to program using speech recognition.  Why would they
do this you might ask?  Probably because they were injured from
programming using keyboards.

yes, it's not strictly reading code over the phone but there
are significant similarities...

--- eric

Eric S. Johansson    esj at inguide.com	esj at harvee.billerica.ma.us
This message was composed almost entirely using NaturallySpeaking