olemsg32 module used in win32com exchange server example?

MHammond at skippinet.com.au MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jan 19 13:10:20 EST 2000

In article <slrn8897gs.3cm.grant at grante.comtrol.com>,
  grant at nowhere. (Grant Edwards) wrote:
> I'm trying to run the exchange server test script that I found
> in the win32com sources.  I've two questions:
>
>  1) Where does the "olemsg32" module come from?  I've installed
>     python 1.5.2 and win32all and I don't seem to have olemsg32.

The recent samples dont include this.  This was generated by makepy,
before makepy had the ability to manage the generated files by itself.

See testExchange.py in the win32com\test directory.

>  2) Does the win32com stuff talk directly to the Exchange
>     server, or does it go through a local copy of Outlook?

It goes through the MAPI DLLs - the same DLLs that the local copy of
Outlook itself uses.

Mark.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.