using threads with python and winnt

Michel Orengo michelorengo at netscape.com
Tue Jan 18 11:42:53 EST 2000

Sean Mc Grath wrote:

> >Kreiner Karl or Charly or somebody wrote:
> >
> >>             does anyone have expiriences with using threads and winnt ?
> [...]
> <gmcm at hypernet.com> wrote:
> >Threads work dandy on NT
> [...]
>
> Does anybody know how good/bad/indifferent the threading stuff works
> on Windows 95/98? I am considering using threads for an app
> under development but I'm a bit worried (read "terrified") about
> the issues that might pop up in '95 and '98.
>
> regards,
> Sean McGrath

I've developped a very simple application with two threads: one for the GUI
(wxPython) and one for a loop. The GUI starts the loop in another thread and
stops it by setting up an event.
So far, this works on win NT and 95/98.
But again, it is *very* simple. I must say it is very scary to work on win98.

Regards,

Michel Orengo