Folding (was Re: Python not a Very High-Level Language?)

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 5 20:39:27 EST 2000

On 05-Jan-2000 Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 09:18:35AM -0800, Jim Richardson wrote:
>> On 2 Jan 2000 13:31:09 GMT,
>>  lin li, in the persona of <linli at computer.org>,
>>  brought forth the following words...:
>>
>> >Message by boud at rempt.xs4all.nl (Boudewijn Rempt) on: 1/1/00 10:40:48 PM
>> >
>> >Just an idea, how about folding on the indentation levels? We just have
>> >to forget about all these other languages then.
>> >
>> >Lin
>> Works for me:) anyone up to chewing on the vim sources for this :)
>
> Before we (I am interested in this, too) go leaping off into modifying vim
> sources, be aware that folding is on the agenda for Vim 6. So if you are
> serious about modifying sources, etc, it would be worth getting in contact
> with the developers to find out what they have in mind, so at least we can be
> consistent. It would be a royal pain to have one sort of folding for Python
> and another type of mindset for everything else that is foldable.
>
> Cheers,
> Malcolm
>
> --
> Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?

I am not about to try hacking the vim code, I don't know C well enough to do
any good there, All I can do is add an echo of "me too" to the desire for a
good folding mode in vim for python (and anything else, but principally python)

Jim Richardson
        Anarchist, pagan and proud of it
WWW.eskimo.com/~warlock