Whitespace delimiters suck

Justus Pendleton justus at my-deja.com
Fri Jan 21 12:15:12 EST 2000

> I thought they gotten rid of all such languages until I came across
Python.
> Good programming languages should be whitespace tolerant, and most of
them
> are.

Haveyouevertriedtore adEng lishthatdoesn 'tuse whitespaceproperly?

Most human languages aren't really whitespace tolerant (well, at least
the ones I know :-).  When I was learning Japanese, one of the hardest
things about reading it was the fact that they don't use whitespace to
delineate words.

How come now one is out there advocating that we "fix" English by
removing the mandated whitespace?  :')

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.