Python and MAPI

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Wed Jan 19 14:28:29 EST 2000

In article <3885D3E0.4F10F28D at netscape.com>, Michel Orengo wrote:

>If you do not have access to the MSDN Library, you can use a
>COM browser: it will give you the properties/methods of the
>objects. Another solution is to make Python aware of the CDO
>object by using makepy (see QuickStartClientCom.html) In the
>file generated by makepy, you will find all the classes and
>attributes.

OK, I did that with msoutlk85.olb.  I'm assuming that a message
object is of type _MailItem.  I've got a big list of properties
and methods that _might_ work, but how do you find out which
ones are implimented by a particular object?

For example, the messages in my inbox implement properties
"Subject" and "Size", but not "Body", "To", or "SenderName".
I guess I could iterate the the properties dictionary and try
all of them...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I want you to
                                  at               MEMORIZE the collected